Apple Pork Chops
Here is a wholesome dinner that’s simple and quick enough to make on a busy weeknight.
Lean cuts of pork are high in protein and low in fat. Add a side of veggies and you’ve got a clean meal that delivers all the right nutrients without waist-expanding carbs.
Remember that making simple meals like this at home will help accelerate your fitness results.
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
What you need
2 apples, chopped
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
2 Tablespoons coconut oil
4 lean pork chops
1/4 cup white wine
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1. In a large skillet warm 1 Tablespoon of the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the apples and onions. Sauté for 5 minutes until the apples are tender.
2. Remove the apples and onions from the pan.
3. Add the remaining Tablespoon of coconut oil to the pan and leave the heat on medium. Sprinkle cinnamon and salt on both sides of the pork chops then rub in.
4. Place the pork chops in the pan, sear on each side for 2 minutes.
5. Add the wine and bring to a boil. Add the apples and onions back to the pan, cover and cook for about 6 minutes.
6. Sprinkle with the almonds and serve the chops with a generous helping of the apples and onions.
One Serving Equals, 296 calories, 12g fat, 94mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, and 21g protein